Saturday, August 23, 2008

Water Gun Fun

I am reading two books now that are helping me to re-evaluate and learn to live more "in the moment". They are One Month to Live: 30 Days to a No Regrets Life and The Mommy Diaries (our MOPS theme book this year). Great books, I would recommend even after only reading a few chapters.

I appreciate the children for so many reasons but reading these books I am learning a new thing to appreciate is that they present me daily with opportunities to live in the moment with no regrets.....and to have fun.

Case in point: A couple of weeks ago we took the kids to ride go-karts and bumper boats on a weeknight. We had some free passes and needed to get out of our routine for one night. Chris took Toby on the go karts and suggested I take him on the bumper boats. Little did I know there are water guns built into these bumper boats. In addition, 3-4 young boys also were riding the bumper boats at that time.

So they saw me and Toby and pretty much left us alone at first but Tobe saw them squirting and starting to try to squirt too. So, I decided to get in on the fun and once these kids realized I was game they were nailing us with the water guns and I was getting them GOOD too. I laughed HARD and we all had a good time. I left kind of soaked but it was so worth it and I am going to try to remember to follow the kids lead once in while.

No comments: