Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thing 1 and Thing 2

I gave the kids a bath today, which they love, and noticed that thing 2 (baby sis) was mimicking thing 1 (big bro). They had little tea cups and were playing like they were pouring and drinking coffee. I was glad to see this and I have seen it vice-versa quite often too. I am excited about it because I think it means they LIKE each other. We still have plenty of biting, yelling, and stealing throughout the day but they are learning to play together and I do think they will be lifelong buds. It comforts me to know too that when they go to school they will be able to support one another.

It also comforts me in my decision to spend this time at home with them. First, I get to be there to observe the coffee party but also I think if they were in day care around other kids they wouldn't be learning to like each other as well.

So this is one large thing to appreciate in this season, as well as the homegrown tomatoes. My neighbor has brought me lots of homegrown tomatoes lately and boy are they good! We have had fresh peaches too and I am loving it. Although, I still like fall/winter better the produce in summertime is very nice. The fresh produce sort of makes up for the heat and those awful, viscous, dreaded mosquitoes!

No comments: