Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Age affected

So I am not going to sing the "I'm old" song but I have to say, I have definitely noticed some differences in myself and my only explanation is I'm getting oldER.

Case in point: If there was anything for me to brag on myself, it is my memory. I used to be able to remember almost all names, faces, situations, even from when I was very small. I think my son inherited this trait from me (not from my math geek hubby :-)). Anyway, it is difficult to remember things now. For example, Peanut and I came out of the store today and I had to wander to find where I parked (and this isn't the first time). I didn't even go out the same door I came in. I can still remember a lot of names but not quickly. Sometimes, when on the spot, I can't even come up with a simple number (phone, pin, etc.) that I have in the vault. It drives me crazy! I know this is pretty typical but I don't like it. Combine it with my changing hormones, oily skin, and backACHES and you have a crazy woman. Thank God my hair is still light so I can't see the gray hair.

Sidenote: Dierberg's has some great sales this week! Boneless skinless chicken breasts $1.99 lb, General Mills cereal (Cheerios, Kix) $1.88, Dierberg's OJ $2.50, Ground Turkey $2.50. Great time to stock up!

No comments: