Monday, March 2, 2009

Stay at home Mom

What I like about being a stay at home mom: 1) wearing your PJs a couple of hours in the morning 2) morning workouts (improves my mood a lot) 3) lots of hugs and kisses 4) eating whatever you are in the mood for for lunch (today it was homemade salsa and chips) 5) Reading to the kids

What I dislike about being a stay at home mom: 1) whining 2) fighting 3) cleaning 

The good definitely outweighs the bad. 

This was inspired by my need to have chips and salsa today so here is my mouth watering recipe. 

Mary's Spicy Black Bean Salsa
1/2 can of black beans (more if you like it thick)
1/2 can or one medium to large tomato
1/3 of an onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
a pinch of habanero pepper spice (be careful, just a small pinch will make it spicy, you can always add more)

Puree in food processor and eat with tortilla chips, also good on a burrito. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds yummy, Mary--I will give that one a try! Definitely a "0" heart attack grams, too. :)

Scott Family said...

Well said!! The stay-at-mom positives easily out weigh the cons. Enjoy everyday! My favorite is the all-day-pj-day:)
Kelly