Monday, March 16, 2009

Goodbye Fran

We said goodbye to Fran today and though it was hard it was the most peaceful beautiful day. The skies were blue and sunny and though she wasn't physically there, there was so much of her in the room. Chris spoke about her and his dad told him later he had never been more proud of anyone in his life. I told him "me too" but your dad has 50 years on me! Mainly he talked about her constant love of Christ in her life and love for her family (again especially the grandchildren :-)). He also spoke about how she taught him the joy of giving. She truly knew that the joy of having something is knowing it's not yours to begin with and finding someone who needs it more than you do. There were lots of tears but also lots of love in the room. She was definitely a connector piece to many family members but they (we) all drew closer today and promised to continue to share her love and her memory.  Oh how we will miss her but we are at peace and wondering what she is doing up in heaven!


3 comments:

Aimee said...

It sounds like all went well today - so glad to hear it. I wish I could have heard Chris's eulogy...but I really didn't want to bring the kiddos. I'm sure it was perfect!

Jenny said...

Very nice posting, Mary. It helps the healing, too, I'm sure.

Scott Family said...

Beautiful family photo!