Sunday, June 14, 2009

Soulard Farmer's Market

I made my first trip to Soulard Farmer's Market this weekend and was amazed at how large it was! Probably 8 times as big as any of the other local markets I have been to. The sign posted said it originated in 1779, holy cow! Since there were so many vendors I got great deals too:

Watermelon (nice size): $3.00
Pineapple: $1.50
2 lbs cherries: $4.00 (am going to have to try a new dessert!)
2 small ripe avocados: $1
4 limes: $1
Monster homegrown zucchini: $1.25
Quart strawberries: $2

I can't believe I have lived in St. Louis my whole life and never been there. Also, one non food purchase: a pink "My First Cardinals Tee" for $10. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Did you take your kids to see the ducks and chickens? Usually sold by Asian families, these are meant to be "used" that day. Talk about fresh food!

budmom said...

No kids that day but I did see what you were talking about. Did not know they were for same day consumption!