Monday, June 29, 2009

Be grateful, be teachable

You gotta love Chip Ingram (www.lote.org) , he usually hits it right on the head. I was listening to him today talk about contentment and the when/then syndrome. For example, "when I am", "when I have", or "when this happens", I will be content... but it never works. There is always another when/then and you are never content. So he talked about cures for the when/then syndrome and what I remember most were two things God wants from  you: 

1) be thankful in all circumstances for what you have, instead of focusing on what you don't  
2) be teachable and learn something from whatever circumstances you are in. 

So here it goes:

Three things I am grateful for today: 1) Being at home 2) My two sweet kids and 3) Peace

One thing I can learn from my current circumstances: 1) I need to pray more (talking and listening)

No comments: