Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This is Chris speaking

My darling wife is out for the evening so I thought I would hijack her blog and share my thoughts for the day in her absence.  

Thought #1:  I think my children have a hearing impairment.  This is evidenced by the fact that they do not hear anything unless it is being shouted at them.  Everything I want to discuss with them has to be done in my "stadium vendor voice."  Tomorrow they are getting fitted for some type of augmentative device.

Thought #2:  I love it when my children sing.... and I don't mean kids' songs.  Like tonight I downloaded "U Can't Touch This" and "Ice Ice Baby," and I could tell they were into it.  Again though I think that they have problems with their ears, because they were holding them pretty tightly several times during the songs.  (Mental note: swing by Baby Gap to look for Hammer-pants.)

Thought #3:  Without prompting, tonight Toby mentioned to me that Jesus turned water into wine.  Now I have read enough parenting books to know that was a golden opportunity to talk about the dangers of alcohol abuse.  Needless to say, after showing him pictures of a diseased liver, I don't think he will ever discuss Sunday school with me again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funy! Mary, you should convince Chris to start his own blog. I love the difference in tone from your posts to his. I think Tim should have his own, too. We are sooo different and each have a unique way of describing the same situations. I like the variety.

Jenny said...

Good observations, Chris--you're starting to see all the "fun" you're missing while at work, right?

Scott Family said...

This was absolutely hilarious!