Monday, February 9, 2009

But Mom, you said I could

Sometimes I think Mom's have temporary moments of insanity, aka "I do not want to be remembered as the mean mom who always said no". Today, it went down like this.....I was going to get a quick shower while the kids watched a video and just befored I jumped in Toby says "Mom, can I put a little lotion on my hands" and I hesitated and then said OK. After I got out of the shower I discovered he had gotten more than a little and smeared it on my nightstand and bed frame. Then, I had a a brief burst of anger "Tobias, what did you, TIME OUT!".......and then after he sat in time out for a few minutes I told him that I was sorry I snapped and that I need his help to take care of our house which includes not smearing lotion on furniture and running down the hall with the crayons (Abby had made an attractive line that morning).

Again though, as I did some data entry for Basket of Hope this afternoon, I am reminded that it is such a huge blessing to have two HEALTHY children and also that I am rich in love. So it's okay if the house has crayon marks and hand prints and constant "Partners in Crime", I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: