Friday, September 26, 2008

She is going to be two tomorrow!

Abigail's second birthday is tomorrow! I can't believe it! That two years zipped by ;-) Chris and I reminisced last night about how early pretty much all night I had contractions and then very early in morning they got really close and we went in. It was a fun to experience that and everything was going almost too well, and then we found out the news about her heart. I found the email we originally sent out to notify our family and friends so I thought I would post it here....not to feel sad but to realize how blessed we are and what a long way she has come :-)


For those friends and family who have not heard yet... Abby is here a month early! She come out a beatiful baby girl weigning 6lbs. 5oz., and is 18 1/2 inches long. She arrived on 9/27 at 1:12 PM.> > The only down side is that she has some complications with her heart. She has several things that make her heart a bit different, the most concerning of which is a "coarctation of the aorta." (http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=11069) Long story really short, they have transferred her to Cardinal Glennon where they will perform heart surgery, probably sometime next week. The doctors tell us that the surgery itself is "not risky," but she will most likely be in the hospital for 2 to 3 weeks in total. They have some other things for which they are running tests, but we will know more in the coming weeks.> > Thankfully mama is doing well. The toughest thing for her is that she has only been able to hold Abby twice. I can't explain the pain of not even being able to try to comfort your child.> > If I had enough energy, I would attempt to express the gratitude I have for the love our our friends, our families, and our God. The last 45 hours have impacted me in many ways, not the least of which is a new awareness of the power of love and prayer.> > I have posted some pics. More to come later.

No comments: