Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bungee Jumping

I finished a good book this weekend that gave me two profound points to ponder.

#1) The Christian life can be a lot like bungee jumping. Lately, I would say definitely. God is definitely telling our family to jump off a cliff and trust Him, he will be our safety cords and make sure we don't crash.

#2) The climax of the book is when the main character is walking down the aisle to be married and it was a long time coming and a lot of heartache endured to get to that point and she sends up this prayer "God, if in the future I ever question if you know what you're doing, remind me of this moment." I have three very special people and many moments with them to remind me God knows what he is doing.

Dear God, I do not like bungee jumping!!!

The book: Picket Fence Promises by Kathryn Springer

No comments: