Thursday, January 8, 2009

Partners in crime

The day Chris and I have been waiting for has finally come. The day where the children run off and play quietly together and we don't hear fighting for at least five minutes. However, this peace comes with a price. Case in point: 

Last night we were talking in the kitchen and the children had disappeared into Abby's room and were playing. Chris says "I want to go check on them but then they will follow us back in here". So we waited, and finally I went to go check. 

The two of them had taken a lot of diaper cream and smeared it on the diaper genie, the floor, and each other. I just kind of stood there and watched. Then I called for Chris to come take a look too.

Yes, they were making a mess but they were having fun, together. So, though they are "Partners in crime" I am going to try to focus on the "Partners" part because one thing we hope and pray is that they will have a close bond that will last a lifetime. I was chuckling though when Papa told them they would have to buy more diaper cream with their piggy bank money....."NOOOOOO!!!!!!".

No comments: