Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It feels good

Some people can relate and some will hate this statement but I LOVE working out. Especially when I really try my hardest and push it to the max. It feels good. I feel stronger, healthier, and more energetic. I listen to music and I pray during this time too. It nurtures me a bit. I think I definitely get that high that people talk about (endorphins???). I truly think it makes me a better me.

Sometimes though it is nice to see it pay off. Case in point: I know I am boasting here but yesterday I was helping haul some beer at a golf tournament. I was able to haul two cases of beer at a time up a flight of stairs and across the floor three times in a row no problem. Another woman called me "her hero" as she was struggling lifting one at a time. I know, "toot-toot" but I thank God for the endurance and consistency he has given me that I am starting to notice a difference. I pray that I use this strength and energy to do God's work and not for my own agenda.

No comments: