Saturday, November 21, 2009

The secret ingredient

I discovered the secret ingredient to holiday cooking. Do you already know what it is? Yep, its BUTTER. We took a holiday cooking class at Dierberg's last night and oh the butter, butter, and more butter. Chris and I cooked the mashed potatoes and green beans and used almost two sticks. We also had turkey breast w/ cranberry/apple compote, rolls, and bread pudding (OMG!) and you guessed it, they all had loads of butter. The one exception was the appetizer but it had cream cheese, sharp cheddar, and BACON among the main ingredients. It was all extremely tasty though and my second meal of the night........I rolled all the way home.

If we ever do the cooking class again we will probably do the observation instead of the participation class. We had fun but I would really like to see how all of the dishes are made and we redefined the phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen". In addition, let's face it, on a Friday night I would much rather sit back, have a glass of wine, and watch someone else cook.........and of course EAT!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad you had fun! You and me and Jenny should try one, too!

budmom said...

That would be fun! Maybe we could try one of the Girls Luncheon ones :-)