Thursday, August 6, 2009

Partners in Crime #5

It has been a while since I wrote about Partners in Crime and the reason is this, we have had a constant crime wave in our house. The good news again is that they enjoy each other, have lots of imaginative play, and are getting close. The bad news is their imaginative play means a BIG mess or they fight. 

So though I could write all day about their cohorts, and the overwhelming mess that is my house....I will tell you about the most recent off campus offense which happened at our favorite grocer Trader Joe's. 

So, you know those Kid Carts that make you think "How cute, my kids can help shop!", no no no, these, are a nightmare. Though being the naive mother at times, I let them EACH get a Kid Cart the last few times, and every time it ends in DISASTER. Even though each time we have a long talk about the laws of the Kid Cart, and how breaking them will result in NO Kid Cart, well what can I say, I am the queen of empty threats. 

So they are running, ramming the kid cart into each other, not watching where they are going, trying to stick non-approved items in the cart..... Basically raising my blood pressure at every turn to the point of boiling. You can picture it can't you? Say it with me "Been there, done that."

Sometimes I think the kids plot against me like when one doesn't take a nap one day and the other skips the next day. Yes, I think they are that smart. The point is, one of them, at any given time, was acting up in the store. The cherry on top was when they helped put the items on the conveyor for check out. Of course, the lady thinks my kids are angels and that I am nutty. She must have missed Abby biting a stranger kids head off in the Kid Corner. 

What was I thinking??? Or more importantly, what was the Kid Cart Inventor thinking, I'd like to talk to him or her. I bet they don't have kids. 

In short, the three of us are together ALL the time and though I wouldn't change that there are pitfalls. They know I break and have empty threats at times which is why they push the monster mommy button, over and over again. However, I know how they roll and that sometimes they play me (or gang up on me) to get what they want. 

Pass the discipline book and the tylenol please. Prayers are also welcome.

No comments: