Monday, June 20, 2011

Growing pains

God answers prayers in ways we can never imagine. I have prayed so many things in the last several years that, I think, God is starting to answer, but in no where near the way I thought He would. Let me tell you though....

It. Hurts. 

When God grows you, it hurts and it's hard. Sometimes it hurts so much that Satan will try and trick you into thinking that pain can't be part of God's plan, but it is. Paraphrasing "Bittersweet" by Shauna Niequist: the Christian life is is about death and rebirth, about riding the waves, about tasting both the bitter and the sweet.... because something won't ever taste as sweet without the bitter to temper and compare it to and who would want only super sweet all the time anyway? Too much sugar will rot your teeth and your soul.

So that is what I am beginning to learn, and hopefully celebrate, even though it most definitely takes growing pains to get there.  Thankfully, I know there IS a plan and that God is holding me and my family in the palm of His hand.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad you made a minute for blogging. Was going to tell you about the Christian magician/juggler/performer we saw Friday night. He talked about how God sometimes "turns up the heat" on you and wants to to move in closer. Been feeling some heat? Me too!

For Fun and Family said...

Love you, dear friend! You are right. It does hurt.