Monday, January 10, 2011

New Years Book List

I don't necessarily have resolutions this year. Instead my goal is to read more and I have several books on my list:


  • The Bible - Our church starting a two year bible reading program. So far I am keeping up but I'll admit Old Testament is challenging to get and I need to dig deeper.  ***update, six months in and I am keeping up! with encouragement from my dear husband
  • Anne of Green Gables Series - I have read the first four books. I think there are three more. I really like Anne, she is my new role model. She sees beauty in everything and everybody and she is always trying to help. 
  • Living With Less So Your Family Can Have More by Mark and Jill Savage - I saw this couple at Hearts at Home talk about this topic and how living simpler can build stronger relationships. I was able to order it with an Amazon gift card (yay favorite Uncle!)
  • Learning to See by Marybeth Chapman - This is the book about losing her daughter and being able to praise God in the good and the bad. It has been sitting on my night table for a while. I know it's going to be sad but I do want to read it. 
  • Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis. I want to read at least one of these this year and start watching the movies. I just have to read the book first before I watch a movie.
  • The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. This has been on my list for a while. Just need to do it! ***update, just started this one
  • Angels: God's Secret Agents by Billy Graham, again on my list for a while.
  • So Long Insecurity You've Been A Bad Friend to Us by Beth Moore. I have never read any Beth Moore. This one intrigues me and I think is her newest. 
Of course there will be a bunch of randoms thrown my way too. Bring on the hot tea/cocoa and snow days!

No comments: