Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kids Ruin Nothing

So we are in the van and I was putting on some chapstick and mascara and the Peanut says to me "Mom, I want some lipstick!". So I proceed to hand her the chapstick. After I finish applying mascara I look back to find she is digging chapstick out with her finger for no apparent reason, to which I grab it and snip "Ugh, you kids ruin everything!"

So then Hubby says it reminded him of the time, when he was a kid, that he broke a Star Wars glass they had gotten from Burger Chef and his Mom said to him "I can't have anything nice!"... and did I realize I was upset over something that costs less than a dollar (insert big eye roll here). 

I know I know. Their little hearts are much more precious then my $1 chapstick..... or even my curtains (holes...from the dog......right),  couch cushions (limp from jumping fun), clothes (stains from little hands yanking on them), kitchen chairs (that have been glued, re-upholstered, cleaned, and still need much much help). Oh, and my husband MUST have forgotten the $30 bicycle pump he discovered they broke and his iTouch speakers that were even more that he threw a fit about...... but I digress. 

Did my chapstick, or any of the aforementioned items matter that much............well, no not really. I will still try to teach them to take care of the house and will probably get upset when I find something broken (God, please let it not be the elliptical) but I will do my best to treat them that they are MUCH MUCH MUCH more important than any thing I could ever have. Plus, you are only a kid once and there is such a beauty in that, I will try to remember that too. 

Check out this Baby Blues in relation to the subject matter (heehee): http://216.174.43.130/babyblues/s-749578-105714