Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Am I crazy?

I committed a couple of months ago to starting an exercise class (dance aerobics) at my church. One quality God gave me was enthusiasm, which is great, and it does produce fruit.....right now though, it's producing panic. I guess with Christmas and activities well I just didn't buckle down and get ready, plus I thought, I can do it, it will be a snap. Well that balloon just popped.

Several women, of all ages, are starting to let me know they'll be coming to the class and I am starting to freak. Will they like the music? will the moves be too hard? should I rethink this whole thing? What do I do for a devotional? Help, God, Help! I thought this was going to be a snap?

It will be fine, I know. I am choreographing and praying, and it will be what it will be. I am hoping the women make it about them and what God wants to do with them so hopefully it will evolve into whatever they need it to be. I just have to be open to that.

If you are interested in taking the class, send me an email. It will be Tuesday at 8:45am and Thursday at 6:15pm at my church.

Otherwise, please say a little prayer that it goes well and I keep an open mind.

No comments: