Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good literature

So I have not hidden it, I am now a fan of the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer. After declaring I would not read a vampire book I ended up loving them and read all 2,000+ pages of the series this summer. So for those who felt like I did, I want to give a taste of what you're missing, just in case you decide to try them. If you like fiction, I don't think these are something you want to miss.

Here is a list of things the books hold dear:
  • True love
  • Life is precious
  • Abstinence
  • Selflessness
  • Family is important
  • Overcoming evil natures
  • The existence of a creator and a life thereafter
  • Happy ever after (even though you will never fathom the outcome!)
In addition to that, Stephenie Meyer is one of the most creative and imaginative authors I have ever read! I am amazed at her talent and these being her first books ever. It all started when this stay at home mom of three boys had a dream. She loves classic literature too (being a literature/english major), and the names of great books are littered throughout Twilight. I was inspired enough to look for some classic titles I had not read at the book fair. I LOVE her taste in music too (www.stepheniemeyer.com). 

Little obsessed much......maybe. If there is anything to be obsessed with, though, I think books isn't too bad. Not that I could help it, it runs in my blood.

3 comments:

-M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Aprille said...

Sorry, I had to delete the last comment, I was signed in as my hubby:) I don't think he would want me to leave a comment about how much I love Twilight under his name:) heehee:)
I'm with you though Mary, can't wait until New Moon:)

budmom said...

That's ok! Once you get into Eclipse, you won't be able to stop until the end! Fun stuff :-)